Cage Kart Rules
1. Roll cages required. Minimum of 3 inches and maximum of 6 inches above driver’s helmet. Driver must be covered head to feet. Cage must be mounted by clamping,
bolting or welding to frame. A MANDATORY push bar must be mounted to rear of cage extending out even with the rear bumper. Minimum 12” off of ground, max. 18”. Must be constructed of same material as
2. Cages must be made of a minimum 1” .095 wall tubing or 1” chromoly tubing equivalent to .095 mild steel.
3. we will be implementing the Briggs & Stratton LO206 engine and rule package. Get the 2015 engine rules package by clicking on 2015 Briggs LO206
4. Karts must weigh 300 pounds minimum with driver.
5. unleaded fuel only. NO ADDITIVES ALLOWED. Random fuel checks will be conducted.
6. All karts must have live rear axles.
7. 5 inch minimum, 6 inch maximum wheels. Racing style, grooved or slick tires only. Hoosier tires only.
8. Friction style clutches only. No axle clutches.
9. Karts must be equipped with nerfing bars.
10. Brakes must be in good working order. Brake pedal must be securely fastened to assure it cannot come off while kart is in motion.
11. Front and rear bumpers mandatory.
12. Chain guards are mandatory and must cover from front to rear sprocket.
13. Muffler silencers are mandatory and muffler may not extend beyond rear bumper.
14. Karts are to be equipped with throttle return spring to close throttle when released.
15. Front steering shall be of suitable design and in proper order and properly adjusted for maximum safety.
16. Top wings optional. Must be proportional to size of kart.
125/250 Cage Karts
Single cylinder, 125 cc 2-stroke or 250 cc 4-stroke engines.
125 cc must weigh 350 lbs.
250 cc must weigh 380 lbs.
Must run treaded tires on all four corners. Any tire brand or compound is allowed.
Must start race with top wing. No front wings allowed. SFI rated suit and arm restraints are mandatory.
Wing Outlaw Karts
Single cylinder, single carburetor or injection, two-cycle or four-cycle engines that do not exceed 550 cc displacement.
SFI approved fire suit is mandatory.
Wheels must not exceed 6” in diameter; steel or aluminum only.
Axle length shall not exceed 40” and shall not protrude past the outside edge of the wheel.
No front wings allowed.
Frames must be of Kart configuration not to exceed 90” in overall length.
Bars, other than regular “nerf” bars may not extend outside the outer edge of the tire. “Nerf” bars may not extend more than 3” outside the outer edge of the tire.
All must be equipped with a functional roll cage constructed of suitable material and craftsmanship (no soldering or brazing), and designed to protect the driver.
No “Cow-catcher” type front bumpers.
No chassis suspension of any kind allowed.
Chain guards designed to protect the driver in the event of a chain failure shall be installed.
Seats are to be constructed of aluminum and of “high-back” design. Seat back shall reach the middle of the driver’s head while the driver is seated. Safety harness shall be attached in
such a fashion as to restrict driver movement independent of seat movement. The safety harness shall include, at a minimum, a lap belt and shoulder straps. Approved arm restraints are
mandatory. Arm restraints shall be worn between the wrist and the elbow and attached to the lap belt.
Must use a treaded racing tire on all wheels.
Brakes must be disc and in good working order.
Numbers must be displayed on the left and right side of the wing and tail piece. Numbers must be legible and of a contrasting color to their background.
AKRA Engine rules for clones wka for flatheads
Jr1 250 lbs
Jr 2 275 lbs
Jr 3 300 lbs
Clone med 350 LBS
CLONE hvy 375 lbs
Stock hvy 375 lbs
Open Clone don’t weigh
Outlaw dint weigh